Sunday, July 3, 2016

False Alarm #2

Yesterday we spent some more time in labor and delivery. This pregnancy has been so different than my others. With my other three the only time I spent in labor and delivery was when I was laboring and delivering. Already this pregnancy we have been there three times- contractions at 17 weeks, what we thought was a water leak at 34 weeks and yesterday was more contractions (2-3 min apart and hard). They checked me and I was at a 3 and 70% effaced but made no changes in the hour I was there so they let us go. I was having a ton of small contractions which they called irritable uterus but only big contractions every ten min or so. Despite getting sent away, I am grateful that he is going to stay in there a bit longer. I am 36 weeks and 4 days. 37 weeks is full term and any days he stays in after that are even better- less chance of complications and NICU stays. Seems to me like this little guy prob won't make it to his due date (the 27th) but you just never know. Regardless I'm pretty confident he will be making his debut sometime this month! Ready or not we will meet this little guy soon!

No comments: