Saturday, March 10, 2012

I Am a Child of God

Skylee called me into her room tonight and said "Mom! You know in the family home evening movie 'God' came to Joseph Smith? It's the same like "I Am a Child of 'God.' it's the same God!
I thought it was so sweet she made that connection and it also took me by surprise that those connections weren't there before. I think I just expect my four year old to understand these complex ideas. If I don't teach her she won't know.
So we had a little discussion abt God and Heavenly Father and it was a sweet moment. Not sure how she made that connection but just wanted to write it down before I forgot that simple but profound statement.

PS; wanted to mention everyone keeps mentioning how well Jaston is speaking right now. I just remember over night he was talking in full sentences. It takes him some processing time but he gets out what he wants to say most of the time :) a lot of people have mentioned how much darker his hair has become as well. Hard to notice when you are with him all the time but it is getting much more brown than blonde.
He has also been starting some terrible two characteristics like talking back to the mother... And NOT being quiet during church ( any advice for this would be welcomed ). So story - a few weeks ago during a prayer he was jabbering away in his outside voice and I put my finger to my lips hoping he would hush. Yeah, not so much, instead I get a pointer finger to the face and what felt like a scream "Your be quiet!" and that is the fun stage we are going through.
But oh my heck how cute this kid is too! I can't get over this sweet little man. He is constantly making me smile and giving me loves and tackling me and just being the sweetest, tenderest little guy. He really. really is all boy though. Can't get enough of this little man even if he is a stinker a lot of the time.

No comments: