The past few weeks, I have been feeling like Dayton's right foot was looking a little different. I felt like it might be starting to turn in. I sent a text to Shriner's and sent a picture. Esmerelda texted me back and asked for a picture of his heel down. When I tried to get a picture, I realized he wouldn't put any pressure on that foot. That started to concern me. We decided that we should move up his appointment from Feb 2 to the next week just to make sure. If something was wrong with his foot it was better to catch it sooner.
Wednesday afternoon I dropped Brielle off at a sitter and my mom and myself drove up to Payson to stay the night with Teona. Once there we started to look at the weather for the next day and realized it was going to start snowing at like 5 AM the next morning. We were needing to leave about 7AM to head up to Shriner's and we were concerned about the roads being icy. We called up to the Ronald McDonald home and they were able to fit us in that night. We decided it would be smarter to try and get to SLC that night. We did and arrived at the Ronald McDonald home about 11:00 which Dayton wasn't too happy about. (John and Taylor were disappointed we had to leave too). We were grateful we decided to get up there when it started snowing pretty early and started accumulating fast. I am not a fan of driving in the snow!
We went to Dayton's appt that morning and left our stuff at the Ronald McDonald home just in case we wanted to stay one more night because of the weather. At the appt Dayton was seen by two different physicians. They felt that X-rays were necessary. They all came back good and the docs were stumped as to why he was favoring that foot. They also said that both feet had great flexibility and it didn't look like a recurrence/relapse. That was a huge relief. So I guess my worries were unwarranted, thankfully.
We headed back to the Ronald McDonald home and decided to pack up and at least try to get to Payson and decide from there. The snow was falling pretty good and spots of the road were a bit scary and visibility wasn't great. Once we met Teona for lunch, we decided since the weather wasn't supposed to improve much in the next few days we better brave it and push on. It was a bit scary for a bit but it seemed to get better the closer we got to home despite the snow and rain never giving up. I was sure relieved when we made it home.
Even tho we were only gone a day and a half, the other kids were so happy to see me and Dayton. I was surprised how much I missed the other kiddos too and Jeff. It's always nice to have a chance to miss each other and get back together.
We won't need to go back up for another 6 months as long as everything keeps going ok with Dayton's feet. (Thankfully it will be July and we shouldn't have to worry about snow!)
No comments:
Post a Comment