Saturday, August 25, 2012

Utah Professional

Today in the mail I received a certificate that has been many years in the making. I am now officially certified as a Utah professional interpreter. (Nevermind the fact that I now live in Arizona). I worked my butt off for this thing. I'm not sure why it is so dang tough to pass this test but it is and I think most interpreters will back me up on the toughness statement. I have only known two interpreters who have passed it the first time they tried. There are five sections you have to pass the first time I took it I passed one section, second time I passed three and then it took me two more times to pass the last section.
So really what this means is that as long as I keep up my continued education hours for Utah and my national certification I never have to test again. Isn't that beautiful? Ok,I'm done with my ramblings just wanted to express my excitement at that little piece of paper and all the hard work and tears that went into it.

4 comments:

JD and Becky said...

So awesome! I know how dedicated you have been to this (honestly since we were like 10 at least) and it's inspiring. So happy for you!!

Kaesha Fry said...

congratulations!!!!!

Cassie said...

Telsha I am so proud of you! Congratulations is an understatement! Let's celebrate next time you're in St. George!

Heather said...

Good work Telsh, that's so great! Congrats!